Frankston Yacht Club was founded in 1937 by a group of yachting enthusiasts operating out of Kananook Creek. Since its inception, the Club has maintained a policy of promoting yachting in the area of Port Phillip, and, as a result, the Club has prospered and grown to be some 200 members strong today.
It now occupies a two-story building adjacent to Kananook Creek on the foreshore at Frankston, offering a family atmosphere with excellent facilities for sailing and relaxing in the lounge while providing a magnificent view of Melbourne and the bay.
In 2016 FYC entered a new era with a brand new building.
We run Learn2Sail classes for beginner and intermediate level sailors, and our experienced sailors love including trainees in our Saturday afternoon races.